Welcome to the world of Narrowboating

To risk is to live!

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Arctic conditions

It has turned seriously cold here now and the canal has finally given in to the big freeze. There will be no more moving to the water tap or anywhere else until the thaw arrives.

Here is the view from our mooring at present…

all we need are polar bears

And here are some welcome visitors to my bird feeding station – a pair no less, so I am hoping for some baby woodpeckers come the Spring…

arty woodpeckerwoodpecker on nuts

Bonny loves the snow except when it freezes to her paws and face…

snow in face

It is hard work walking on snow and ice, but as long as I don’t fall I think the increased exercise is doing my leg the power of good. Off to fetch some more coal now as I am getting through a lot at present. Worth it though to have a toasty warm boat.

No comments: