Welcome to the world of Narrowboating

To risk is to live!

Sunday 6 October 2013

Snowdonia

Well done Nev and Roger and Marion, yes, I was in Wales - in Snowdonia to be precise. And no, I didn't take the boat. I had a couple of weeks off so for the first week Bon and I went with my mate Stan to a spectacularly beautiful place called Capel Curig and stayed in the very reasonably priced and comfortable Cobdens Hotel.

 
Opposite the hotel was a fast flowing river with a little footbridge. Beyond that was a forest with tracks leading in all directions so Bonny and I were spoilt for choice for our morning walks. After walk and breakfast the three of us went out each day. We spent the first full day on Anglesea - beautiful! On other days we took a ride round Llanberis Lake on a steam train. This is Bonny enjoying it...

We also visited Harlech, Porthmagog and of course Snowdon. We had great weather considering it is October and only got seriously rained on once - on our final day.

I returned home on Friday and rushed around doing shopping, laundry etc. so that Bon and I could go out on a mini cruise for the second week of our holiday. We left this morning in glorious sunshine which lasted all day. We are heading to Great Haywood where I am due to meet up with a couple of friends in the pub. Someone's got to do it!

No comments: